The largest employers in HD76 are public schools. Brumbaugh has done nothing to help, but has harmed. He authored and continually supported income tax cut bills which have left our state 1.2 billion dollars short of operating funds. He supports vouchers to take public money and give it to private schools.
He authored and voted for a bill which would not allow municipalities to set their own pay scales.
He has the Koch brothers' bible, the ALEC book of laws, right on his desk to keep introducing legislation written from afar to hurt mainstream Oklahomans, such as voucher and charter school laws which would dismantle public education even more.
He does not have the best interests of children or the middle class in his sight.
It's time to put a teacher in the legislature.
- We want to actively dismantle tax exemptions for the few and put that money back into the state coffers where:
- Education funding would be restored and schools could hire teachers instead of letting them go.
- We want Oklahoma to accept Federal health dollars which would stop our hospitals and nursing homes from closing and restore health care to the thousands whose services have been dropped
- We would invest in children who are hurting in dysfunctional families with more services to wrap around those families to bring them up, instead of tearing them down.
- We would pay our bills for public services before cutting taxes.
- We would invest in more mental health services to get the mentally ill out of the prison system.
- We want to invest in drug treatment programs to get people back on their feet to be functioning citizens
- We also want public employees to have their retirement systems in tact without ALEC legislation to try to destroy them.
- We want to let towns and municipalities make their own decisions about their employees' pay and benefits.
- We want to be a shining star state instead of one which lags at the bottom of comparison lists for supporting its citizens.
-We want to lift our citizens up to stand and thereby lift others up until we are all standing tall in this state!