The largest employers in HD76 are public schools. Brumbaugh has done nothing to help, but has harmed. He authored an income tax cut bill, which would cut public school funding and would ignore all the cuts that have gone before. Only the upper 1% would receive noticeable returns. Tax cut legislators say that this will bring more money into the state, but they weren't legislators when this insanity began. Oklahoma has had over a billion dollars cut from income taxes in the last eight years....and every year those who pass the cuts say that more money will come to the state. It hasn't and public services have being savaged by the cuts.
He voted for horse slaughter.
He authored and voted for a bill which would not allow municipalities to set their own pay scales.
He has the Koch brothers' bible, the ALEC book of laws, right on his desk to keep introducing legislation written from afar to hurt mainstream Oklahomans, such as voucher and charter school laws which would dismantle public education even more.
He does not have the best interests of children or the middle class in his sight.
It's time to put a teacher in the legislature.
- We want to actively dismantle tax exemptions for the few and put that money back into the state coffers where:
- -Education funding would be restored to that of 2008.
- -We would invest in children who are hurting in dysfunctional families with more services to wrap around those families to bring them up, instead of tearing them down.
- -We would pay prison guards more than Quik Trip employees.
- -We would pay our bills for public services before cutting taxes.
- -We would invest in more mental health services to get the mentally ill out of the prison system.
- - We want to invest in drug treatment programs to get people back on their feet to be functioning citizens
- We also want public employees to have their retirement systems in tact without ALEC legislation to try to destroy them.
- -We want to let towns and municipalities make their own decisions about their employees' pay and benefits.
- We want to be a shining star state instead of one which lags at the bottom of comparison lists for supporting its citizens.
-We want to lift our citizens up to stand and thereby lift others up until we are all standing tall as a state.
Its time to put a teacher who cares in the legislature.